This season has been one of the hottest on record and, with its end coming soon, we’ll be refitting the fleet. We’re making preparations and changes for the next season of adventure, starting with our Summer Tune Up!
This maintenance patch is dedicated to fixing many of the bugs and issues that have accumulated over the past few months and hopefully, put Atlas in a manageable game state leading into the new improvements coming in the Fall. What changes, you ask? Well, you’ll have to bottle up your excitement for now but we’ll have more details on the changes coming in our next patch over the next few weeks.
We are always grateful for the support and feedback the community has provided along our journey and hope it continues into the future. With that said, ‘til next time, may your skies be clear, waters calm, and sails full in whichever way you roam.
RELEASED PATCH NOTES
Originally slated for 8/10, this patch will be released on 8/17/22 at 7PM PDT
Causes a debuff that lowers food and water on the target for 60 seconds. Getting too close to an affected target will spread the debuff.
- Secrets of the Bow
- Mortar and Pestle
- 1 Stone Arrow
- 10 Toxic Compound (any combination)
New Region: Trackless Waters
Trackless Waters has reappeared into the Atlas as a Lawless Tundra area for pathfinders to explore and conquer. Bundle up and find rare resources and dangerous beasts. It is accessible through portals in Antarctica and North Pole
- Fixed instances of all treasure maps in single player going to H6
- Fixed instances of text inconsistencies
- Fixed collision issue with the stairs on the Turtle Ship
- Fixed instances of graphics quality lowering after loading in
- Fixed some UI issues
- Fixed an issue of unloading tames when accessing fertilizer barrel
- Fixed an issue with floor tiles not snapping to same height as the floor foundation
- Fixed an issue with railings facing the wrong direction on the right side of a Pegasus
- Fixed an issue where demolishing a ritual pedestal casting unnatural fog crashed the game
- Fixed an issue with sail placement on mortar ship blocking the door and ladder.
- Fixed an issue where a player gets blocked ascending 1 side of a ship's side scaffolding.
- Fixed an issue where the spyglass and sextant overlay did not display in the maw waters
- Fixed an issue where players were able to go prone during circular slice
- Fixed an issue where players were able to reset the heavy shield bash cooldown
- Fixed an issue with invisible walls around Tramp Freighters being built in the Basic Shipyard
- Fixed an issue where sails could be placed on the rear castles of the Tramp Freighter and Carrack
- Fixed an issue where sails could be placed and block the Front Castle door on the Harrier
- Fixed an issue where sails could be placed on the steering wheel and rear stairs of the Ramming Galley
- Fixed an issue with the transient tracker tutorial text
- Fixed issues with normal and Kraken style railings
- Fixed an issue where Medkits could not be used on Tames
- Fixed an issue with Ore Miner and Grave Digger blocking other farming structures
- Fixed a text overlap issue in Industrial Smithy recipes for structures with long names
- Fixed an issue where structures would continue to auto-repair forever
- Fixed a collision issue with the stairs on the Carrack
- Fixed an issue that allowed players to place certain Industrial structures on a shipyard
- Fixed an issue with baby spiders dying on server restart
- Fixed an issue wherein holiday vendor was selling outdated items at Freeports
- Fixed map collision issues.
- Fixed an issue where interacting the progression table on the Industrial Wonder caused the game to crash.
- Fixed an issue with a missing description for Large Storage box item.
- Fixed an issue about naming inconsistency for the Verse Book item.
- Fixed an issue wherein spyglass was not displaying title/description when viewing sunken treasure.
- Fixed instances of railings not snapping while in Simplified Chinese
- Fixed an issue where the discovered banner would appear each time the player fast traveled
- Fixed an issue where cobras could not be targeted by a puckle gun
- Fixed instances of player’s being able to place bed underwater
- Fixed instances where players would lose functionality after logging out on ships in shipyards
- The art for the advanced dock has slightly changed
- Adjusted trade wind routes to better match map art
- New art for Orichalcumized Rock
- New art for Sulfurized Rock
- Tames born in the tame house are set to follow the player when unloaded
- Tames born and raised in the tame house or tame hatchery can have their imprint timers paused manually inside the structure
- Players can now zoom in/out on the world/region maps to transition between them using mouse scroll wheel and controllers
- A button has been added to server selection screen to join with new character. This allows players to delete their current character and start again
- Artifact keys can only be used on the island the boss was defeated on
- Removal of underwater effects and maw waters fog effects have been disabled in .ini files
- Removed inventory access from Cursed Temple
- Equipment slots on the Ritual Pedestal have been removed
- Blueprints for modular ship tiles and railings will now drop from SoTD flotsam
- Reduced memory usage in certain areas
- Visual effect on the poison arrows will sometimes last longer than intended
Again, we would like to emphasize that ATLAS is still in Early Access, meaning many things can and will likely continue to drastically change - even in the middle of development. Anything discussed is only up to date as of the moment it is posted. Features and changes that ultimately make it to the next patch, as well as timing, may be different from what was previously discussed.
As always, we appreciate the suggestions and feedback from the community. Please keep them coming! Thank you for all of your support!
- ATLAS Crew